On 1/15/10 12:26 PM, stevo137 of stevo...@hotmail.com sent

> I have a G4 mac, 400 Mb processor, 1 gb memory. It has a os 10.3
> panther Os. Can I upgrade to 10.5 or do I have to upgrade to 10.4
> tiger?

Hello Steve,
Been following this short thread. As the others have sagely suggested:

1) G4 @867MHz is the base minimum for 10.5. OWC's "Leopard Assist" helps
with installing 10,5 on lower clocked CPUs, but I believe their target floor
is the highest DA's clock speed of 733MHz (Leopard left so many DA and QS
owners out of the loop). Expect big problems trying to get 10.5 on a 400MHz
unit. Even if successful, I envision a s-l-o-w performance experience.

2) I use Tiger 10.4.11 on my *G3* 400MHz Pismo, and it runs flawlessly (inc.
Safari 4.0.4), really an excellent OS, and my top vote.

3) As Doug mentioned, if remaining connected with old-world Macs is a
concern, then stay with 10.3 (.9) Otherwise, go with Tiger.

Best regards,
Dana