On Feb 9, 2010, at 4:39 PM, Gorka L Martinez Mezo wrote:

You could if there were such a thing. I've never heard of one. The internal FW connector (on this card and on some PowerMacs) was intended for FW drives, HDs whose interface was FW, not via an IDE convertor but directly. Such drives never materialized.

Thanks for the answer! It makes a lot of sense, had no idea anybody ever talked about a FW HD. I could find no space (not to mention heat dissipation problems!) to fit a FW enclosure INSIDE a beige desktop!

I used the one on mine to thread out a FW cable to connect to my video camera; I'd removed the dead Zip drive from mine so the cable came right out through the slot in the front.

Much handier than reaching around the back.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona