On Mar 9, 11:09 am, Bill Connelly <billycarm...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Any experience with stacking drives in the sleds offered under the
> vent fan of a Quicksilver 2002?
> My Seagates (750 & 500GB) look awfully close together run off the
> onboard controller. For heat and ventilation reasons, would prefer
> they be separated, but even using a longer style non-CS IDE cable,  I
> cannot get the distance needed from the last two connectors, to use
> the middle sled for the 2nd one.

Use a piece of string to layout and measure the length you need and
then search for something that fits, I use round IDE cables similar to
this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Mad-Dog-24-Blue-Dual-Device-ATA-133-IDE-Cable_W0QQitemZ140349152817QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item20ad761e31
Somewhere in the back of a closet I have a crimper tool, spools of IDE
and SCSI ribbon cables, connectors etc. for making custom length
cables, they are very easy to make. Maybe you can find an IT person
who still has one of these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/IDC-IDS-Ribbon-Cable-Crimper-Crimping-Crimp-Tool_W0QQitemZ200442851612QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Computers_Networking_Accessories?hash=item2eab53311c
or a welder who has a pair of these, which work just as well:
http://cgi.ebay.com/2PC-10-WELDING-FLAT-JAW-CLAMP-LOCKING-PLIERS-GRIP-VICE_W0QQitemZ350323967584QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Hand_Tools?hash=item5190ef8660