On Mar 12, 2010, at 10:19 PM, Bill Christensen wrote:

I don't have any QSs, but in my Sawteeth, DA and GigE I was able to flip the second drive over, putting the two drives' IDE connectors closer together. Just close enough that I could mount ONE of them on a sled and have the other next to it, almost straight. Since my machines are typically only moved when I need to get inside 'em, I'm not that concerned about having everything perfectly nailed down and it worked for me.

QSs ... DAs ... Sawteeth ... GigEs ... Yikes! ... mostly the same casing, I think. I also have a DA and a Yikes ...

When I do use a sled it's for a single drive in the top slot of a dual slot type, to increase the potential airflow around it.

I like that arrangement a lot, too.

It would be nice if they just made the cables with a little more space betwween those two connectors!

That's the idea ... I think I saw some on cablestogo:

http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat_id=906&sku=50051

But they say those connectors are at 0-12-18 ... so still only 6 inches at the end ....

Searching  ...