On Mar 10, 2010, at 3:49 PM, t...@io.com wrote:

I use flat angle brackets from the hardware store.  I can't remember
if I get the 1.5" or the 2".   Just get four of them, and screw them
onto the sides of the drives.   This will hold one drive above the
other with a gap depending on the size of bracket you bought.

The sleds provided by Apple, only allow about 1/4" between 2 Seagate HDs (750GB and 500GB ones).

Just doesn't seem like enough ... especially considering the circuit board on the bottoms that are exposed.

Seems to be working in the short run ... but I'll scrounge up some brackets and see what that offers (I have things like that "filed away" out in my workshop ...

Thanks to all who responded.

I have a number of plastic ones from my days with the 8500s and 9500s ... some still in use! ... although I'm considering retiring my 8500 with full compliment of memory with a Sonnet 450MHz G4 still operational and ATI Radeon 7000ME ... LEM List here I might come ... running Tiger 10.4.11 very well ...