Hi All

 I have a PM G5 2.7 Dual that apparently has a dead FW port,  Kinda strange
that the port supplies power but no data transfer??  So I have a repair manual
that is very detailed for this particular machine.

 The replacement method includes the removal of the logic board and power
supply. When I look at it i wonder if I have to remove all that. Has anyone
here done this service? I'm not at all incapable of this but it looks like it's
not that involved,

 I have a new panel board on the way so when it gets here I'll replace it, also
can anyone think of another reason the port is data dead. I ran ASD 2.5.8 on
the machine and it reports all's well.

 One more thing I'll be installing a Jive 5 unit to increase the HDD count to 5
2TBs is there a heat issue that maybe I can address at the same time? Or should
that be a separate topic?

John Carmonne
Yorba Linda USA