On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 7:56 PM, John Carmonne <carmo...@aol.com> wrote:

> Hi All
>
>  I have a PM G5 2.7 Dual that apparently has a dead FW port,  Kinda strange
> that the port supplies power but no data transfer??  So I have a repair
> manual that is very detailed for this particular machine.
>
>  The replacement method includes the removal of the logic board and power
> supply. When I look at it i wonder if I have to remove all that. Has anyone
> here done this service? I'm not at all incapable of this but it looks like
> it's not that involved,
>
>  I have a new panel board on the way so when it gets here I'll replace it,
> also can anyone think of another reason the port is data dead. I ran ASD
> 2.5.8 on the machine and it reports all's well.
>
>  One more thing I'll be installing a Jive 5 unit to increase the HDD count
> to 5 2TBs is there a heat issue that maybe I can address at the same time?
> Or should that be a separate topic?
>

> John Carmonne
> Yorba Linda USA

Have you tried this? http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1317?viewlocale=en_US

Many other suggestions also abound here:
http://www.macintouch.com/readerreports/firewire/topic2188.html

Popular choices include resetting the PMU and Open Firmware.

Eric

Other suggestions include resetting PMU and Open Firmware