I just installed two identical optical drives in my MDD, and when I go up to
the menu and click on "eject" the machine only recognizes one drive (because
they're both identical) How can I have control over each one individually? how
can I make the hdd see them differently? Jeff
 Jeffrey englemacgu...@gmail.comkamiah, Idaho 83536
Machine Info:  Model Name:      Power Mac G4Mac OS X: Leopard 10.5.8 (build
9L31a)  Model Identifier:   PowerMac3,6  Processor Name:    PowerPC G4  (3.3)
Processor Speed:     1.42 GHz  Number Of CPUs:       2  L2 Cache (per CPU):
256 KB  L3 Cache (per CPU):     2 MB  Memory:   2 GB  Bus Speed:        167 MHz
 Boot ROM Version:      4.6.0f1  Serial Number (system):        XB3130D0NP3Disk
burning: 2x Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-118LVideo: NVIDIA GeForce MX 128mbMonitor:
Samsung SyncMaster 245bw

I have the exact same model as you Jeff except I'm running Tiger and did the
dual optical drive upgrade a year ago.
I'm pretty sure how I got both open/close buttons appearing up on the main menu
was to go into system prefs and click on the CD/DVD icon and select whether you
want both the eject keys to appear.
I'm not in front of my MDD at the moment so I am going by memory but I do
remember that I had to get the jumpers set right before this worked. I didn't
touch the original superdrive that was already installed in the top slot just
the newer second one ( also a Pioneer but a 115 I think ).
Of course your computer has to recognize both optical drives before it presents
this option to you.

Stewie