Hello,

You do not need to put your new hard drive in the eMac.

Put the new hard drive in an external case, and plug it into the eMac.

Bruce Sugarberg
=========================
Wallace Adrian D'Alessio wrote:

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 7:09 PM, Tom <tba...@nmia.com <mailto:tba...@nmia.com>> wrote:

    So, I called the local Apple store (in Albuquerque) to see if they'd
    put the drive in for me, and was told that "we don't service older
    Macs. And that one is even dangerous to open up."

    Well, thanks for nothing, Apple. Just how new does a Mac have to be
    before an Apple technician will service it? Brand new, or nearly so?
    And do you really build computers so dangerous that even an Apple tech
    is afraid to open it up?

    What kind of a crummy company is this, anyway? Methinks they really
    need some competition. As it is, they obviously feel free to jettison
    owners of their products once those products have passed a certain
    age.

Well there are a lot of loyal Macheads thinking the same thing. but with so many new ones spending big bucks on the glamorous new models do you think Apple cares?

A month or so ago some other revelations of the new Mac order were made.

Their lack of care about low end users or long time users is classic hubris. It deserves an equitable consumer response.

Nothing lasts forever. Despite all the " Old macs live for ever rah-rah " BS still seen here.

A warm wet cloth on the eyes should clear out the illusions.

The smiling friendly Mac Guy has become demented.

--
Adrian D'Alessio aka; Fluxstringer

fluxstrin...@gmail.com <mailto:fluxstrin...@gmail.com>

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fluxstreamcommunication/
http://www.youtube.com/fluxstringer
http://www.facebook.com/FluxStringer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/fluxstreamcommunications
http://flux-influx.blogspot.com/
http://remnantsofthestorm.blogspot.com <http://remnantsofthestorm.blogspot.com/>
http://fluxdreams.designbinder.com/

--
You received this message because you are a member of G-Group, a group for those using G3, G4, and G5 desktop Macs - with a particular focus on Power Macs. The list FAQ is at http://lowendmac.com/lists/g-list.shtml and our netiquette guide is at http://www.lowendmac.com/lists/netiquette.shtml