On Dec 4, 2010, at 12:04 AM, Justin The Cynical wrote:

It's been a while since I looked into this, and I'm not finding much now.

So, does anyone know of an active site, IRC channel, or even still have
the info for doing this?

I'd be interested in what folks have to offer, too. I'd like an AGP PC card to flash for my AGP Macs that would allow support for a 30" LCD monitor at 2560x1600. I have a Quicksilver 2002 Dual 1GHz and a Digital Audio Dual 533. I believe it would need to have a Dual Link DVI port.

One site reference for flashing cards I have is:
http://themacelite.wikidot.com/compatibility
and its links within the site.

Another refers to itself as the Golden Guide:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=877441

See here for DVI discussion:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface
and
http://www.pacificcable.com/DVI_Tutorial.htm

Another, somewhat difficult to read:
http://xenomorph.net/apple/flashpccards/

Yet another:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=398935

Graphicaccelerator is located here:
http://thomas.perrier.name/graphiccelerator.html

Hope this isn't too much at once ... I'm still trying to read through it once in awhile.