On Dec 6, 12:58 am, Justin The Cynical <cyni...@penguinness.org>
wrote:
> On 12/5/10 12:03 PM, Clark Martin wrote:
>
> > The type of RAM probably only indicates the version of the card.  The usual
> > problem with flashing a card with Mac firmware is that the flash ROM isn't
> > big enough to take the Mac firmware.
>
> To which I have seen reduced ROM's as the 'solution' to this, which
> sometimes works, sometimes not.   Right now, the best idea seems to be
> looking at what is left of the wiki's and info from the various sites
> and see if I can get lucky and find one of the confirmed working cards
> on ebay or some place similar.

Well, you can always replace the Flash chip.  The things are just 8
pin SOICs, which are a little awkward to work with, but really not
that difficult.   And they cost about $2 each.

Once you have one of large enough capacity on board, flash it with
whatever firmware will do the trick.

When modifying the R7000 I used to pre-program the Flash chips with a
chip programmer before soldering them on.  That bypassed the entire
flashing process, or at least ensured that I could flash them on a Mac
without any hassles.