On 12/4/10 6:43 PM, dc wrote:
>> I recently brought my old 733 Digital Audio back to life.  Currently
>> it's sporting a modified 5200 from a G5, but after digging in my parts
>> pile, I've found a 9600XT from Sapphire.
>
> If the VRAM chips (there should be 4 of them on the fan side of the
> card) are square it can probably be flashed, if they are rectangular
> it cannot be flashed for a Mac. If it looks like it may be compatible
> the info on themacelite website is still good.

Looking at the card I have handy, it's not BGA RAM, so by the wiki, it's
not compatible.

I don't know if the incompatibility is because the ROM can't deal with
the different RAM type or it's just speed, in which case there are tools
to slow down the speed the ROM tells the card to use.

That's one of the questions that I can't seem to find an answer for.
Any insight?