On Mar 6, 11:05 pm, "Tina K." <penguir...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I own the 5.1 and I was pretty happy with the card. The drivers however
> had issues such as forgetting settings.

I picked up the 5.1 used (for $15!!) off craigslist in January, for my
GigE dual 450. The new drivers have been working fine, though when I
use fast user switching, I get a crazy noise sometimes from the
speakers. system logs show a ton of notes about something to do with
unexpected volume change (one error for each of the 6 channels). But
as soon as I change the volume, it figures itself out, and the loud
buzzing goes away, so I haven't worried about it up till now.

I am using the analogue ports, not the digital, and my speakers are
all small computer speakers, including a cute little sub-woofer that
fits under my desk nicely.

The only setting I have had to change more than once was the audio
input. I want it to be through my web cam, and it keeps trying to pick
up from the M-Audio's input port. But that is a setting in Skype, not
System Prefs, or the M-Audio panel.

Since I watch/listen to all my media on this Mac (there's no TV in my
house), it's been really fun to have.

Peter