Mine works if I switch to and fro in the control panel and sometimes I
have to restart my MDD. Tiger is worse than Panther, the "latest"
drivers for Tiger are not good at all, IMHO you can better use the
Panther drivers in Tiger too.

Is your MDD a dual-processor, Jörg? I get the impression issues reported often have to do with dual-processor machines.

You should read all older posts about this.

Thanks, I will. Didn't search because I really didn't figure there would be any.

The card seems OK but the Mac support really sucks.

Well, it's an old sound card for an old machine. I'm not really counting on any support. Just looking for digital sound (music, not movies) that's a cut above and more control over it (no real complaint about the stock card), future speaker options, and also headphone volume that could damage my hearing if I wanted it to. Not that I even like to use headphones anymore, but it's a good option to have, and the lack of real bass response in any headphones is made worse by ridiculously low line-level volume. I thought there would be a simple and cheap fix for this - I can't be the only person in the world who likes their music *loud* - but everything I found was complicated and expensive.

Sean Carroll
slcarr...@me.com

Power Mac G4 AGP "Sawtooth" 1.0 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 1 each SATA (750 GB) &
PATA (160 GB) hard drives, gigabit ethernet & USB 2.0, ATI Radeon 9800
Pro, Mac OS X Tiger 10.4.11