On Mar 16, 2011, at 9:40 AM, Wallace Adrian D'Alessio wrote:

> Need a reason to think an Apple OS for PC would be a good thing?
>
> Extrapolate from this report.

Which report has *nothing* to do with OS X; its merely a statement of the
overwhelming market dominance of iTunes/iTunes Store/IOS in the handheld
market, and the long needed euthanization of the Zune.

The Zune was a joke from the beginning, a half-hearted MS attempt at being
'Just Like Apple' complete with the requisite MS missteps in marketing,
execution and completely not getting it.

Let me translate:

"Waaah Waaah Waaah Apple won't make it easy for me to get OSX to run on
cheap-a** hardware from someone else! I'm too poor/cheap/stubborn to either buy
a real Mac or learn how to Hack my own! Waaah! While I'm at it I want Mercedes
to sell me a 500sl for the same price as a Yugo! Waaah!"

The day you can present a business case for Apple to chop off a good 40-50% of
their income in return for supporting 1001 different crappy PC manufacturers
and facing an epidemic of pirated copies of OSX, you'll make your point.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona