On Mar 21, 2011, at 1:59 PM, Dan wrote:

> At 1:44 PM -0700 3/21/2011, peterh...@cruzio.com wrote:
>> > IBM had no interest in making low-power, high-performance PPC processors
>>> for Apple, Motorola, errr, 'Freescale' couldn't and the primary driver of
>>> computer sales (laptops) was rapidly leaving Apple behind.
>>
>> IBM did, indeed, make such processors.
>>
>> They are now at G7-level, which is at least THREE generations BEYOND that
>> which Apple signed-up for.
>
> Are you comparing the latest POWER processors to the PowerPC line?  Big diff.

Also, I'd like to know where I can buy a Power7 laptop system. Clearly it's
small enough to fit:

<http://www.techspot.com/gallery/data/504/IBM_Employee_with_POWER7_Ceramic_Module_1_.jpg>

But when I look, none of the available systems seem really all that small:

<http://www.nasi.com/ibm-power7.php>

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona