>> Only one Mac uses Intel graphics
>
> A few more than one.
>
> I'm counting at least 12 models with three different families of Intel
> graphics.
>
> Without these many [ a ] hackintosh would be SOL.

And, the "Macks" would be SOL, too.

Although all standard distributions have GMA950 and GMAX3100 support (but
NOT GMA3100 support), these are still in 10.6.6.

I am presently working on a Hackintosh which uses the remnants of the
original Intel Mac support: a 915GAG, which Apple released to its
developers as 10.4.8.

And a 915GAG WILL STILL run MacOS X, too, and possibly even 10.6 (using
the Voodoo 10.6 kernel), but it certainly will run 10.4.8 or beyond
without a Voodoo kernel.