----------  Original message  ----------
Subject: Re: Strange fan issue with G5 + Leopard
Date:    Thursday, 01. December 2011
From:    JohnCarmonne <carmo...@aol.com>
To:      g3-5-list@googlegroups.com

> The G5 Power Mac will work harder and slower with10.5.8. I use 10.4.11 and
> 10.5.8 on my G5 Power Mac Dual 2.7.The removal of dust will make a
> difference. What CPU temps do you get between the systems? Also ASD 2.5.7
> will check a lot more than the AHT on the start up disk. I would basically
> disassemble it and give a good cleaning with compressed air (not the
> little cans) I use a unit like this to do the job.
>
> http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=data+vac&oe=utf-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tb
> m=shop&cid=4249165964897137846&sa=X&ei=funXTvucJo2GiQLiuLCtCg&ved=0CI4BEPMC
> MAE
>
> John Carmonne
> Yorba Linda CA
> 92886 USA
> MacPro 2.66 Quad Nehalem

Thanks. I think I can get compressed are cans from somewhere, but I'll inform
myself about what you pointed me to.

What is ASD?
I did ran AHT on it which didn't find any errors. It ran for about two hours
thou, which I thought was very very long…

So, again: thanks for the link!
Andreas  aka  Mac User #330250