Do you have the OS install discs? If you do, here's an option: back up all your
information, media, pictures, whatever, is yours. Delete everything once you
have it backed up on another drive or whatever, and go about reinstalling (and
in the process wiping your drive of anything; a) incriminating or  b) sensitive
or destructive or personal) your OS. Remember to write zeroes to the drive as
well. Blah blah blah. After the process is complete, only someone hell-bent on
destroying either your reputation or credit, or talented enough might be able
to pull anything off of it. The "average" user isn't going to care. Or just
save your home folder(~/user,  user equaling you in this) to wherever and
delete that user from the system as well. Administration is not that trying on
Mac os or any other os for that matter, don't be scared to make a move, if you
can back up files, and follow instructions.

It's not like your wiping a government or corporate computer with sensitive
info, amirite?

Sent from my iPhone 4