Il giorno 3-01-2012 6:28, cheryl ha scritto:

> So if I just delete my own personal stuff, it will be ok to leave the
> OS on?
See the other answers. IMO it's ok - but you have to consider the place
rules, if you sell it through a specific place.

> That's the main thing I want to do is remove my own stuff and
> I'm afraid I will do it wrong and leave something there.
Well, it depends on the MacOS you have been using.

On OSX, most of your stuff would be automatically put into
"Users/YourUserName" (and especially in Documents folder into that).
But you might have put things somewhere else. You can browse your disc, just
let these folders alone:
- System
- Library
- Applications
Then there are your preferences (including some personal data): they would
be stored in several places, as OSX (Unix) has a complex structure.

On OS9 (or previous), although some data would go into "Documents" folder,
you really have no constraints there, so everything should be where you
decided to put it.
Again, there are also preferences files into "System Folder/Preferences".

If you're "paranoid" about your stuff, perhaps you'd better erase the whole
drive. If you're not, deleting just your data could be enough.
There could be some privacy issue, though (e.g., the new user would know
your browser's bookmarks and history, etc.).