On Oct 19, 2012, at 9:56 AM, Bruce Johnson wrote:

On Oct 19, 2012, at 5:06 AM, W. Neal Lewis wrote:

What other keyboard would work with this MacĀ®?

Although it is a pretty keyboard (Bondi Blue) the keys have horrible action.

Any usb keyboard should work, although PC keyboards have the command and option key mapping swapped, there are utilities to fix this, like DoubleCommand: <http://doublecommand.sourceforge.net/>

You may be able to swap those keys in the Keyboard control panel, but I'm pretty sure that only happened in Snow Leopard, so it doesn't apply to your G4.

As Bruce said, any usb keyboard should work. Any keys above the standard may or may not work. I am using a dell keyboard with my G5 that I also used with my G4s. Decent action and it also has volume up, down and mute buttons that work with my Macs. But the keys that help with browsing (forward, back, home, reload) don't work with TenFourFox or Safari 4.1.3

So pick one for the action you like. I recommend getting one with a built in usb hub, they are incredibly handy.

In 10.4 you can remap the modifier keys with the keyboard Control Panel, don't know about earlier. But to be honest, after about a week the muscle memory gets used to the different key locations and it is not an issue after that.

Len