Il giorno 07/10/13 21.55, "ROBERT H. BAUCOM" ha scritto:

> I just looked on the
> net, at all the two year old iMacs that were being sold for Parts
How many?
You should compare that number to the number of working used iMacs on sale.
Every computer can break, but it's the ratio of breaking vs working that
matters.
(PS: You don't even find broken PCs because they're directly thrown out ;-)

Besides, it depends on WHAT is broken (and which models).
G5 iMacs had many failures due to bad capacitors; later models didn't.
Some Intel iMacs with high-end graphic cards had those cards failing.
Apart from the above, I never heard about iMacs being fragile.

Actually, I got an used 2009 24" iMac months ago, and it's going strong.

> and decided I didn't want any computer, that didn't have a fan.
Try to get better informed.
iMac have several fans, and you can fine-tune their speed to suit your taste
and usage.
Since I was a little worried that my 24" iMac could overheat, I installed
smcFanControl and now I can keep my iMac's innards at the temps I want.

> Thats what made me scrape
> my nickels together and buy a Mac Pro Tower
Mac Pros are fine machines, but they are overkill for many users.
There's no "one computer fits all". :-)

---
"G-Group" group.
to g3-5-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.