Thanks for the confirmation, PH! I didn't include the G4 Mac Mini in my
recommendation, as I think it would be a step back from an eMac; otherwise,
that would probably be the cheapest solution.

One thing I'm not clear about is: which Adobe software has this problem? I
have been using CS3 on a PowerMac (so PPC G4) and have moved it recently to
an Intel MacMini with no problem at all.

Op dinsdag 8 oktober 2013 03:38:19 UTC schreef PH:

> > The newest OS supported on PowerMacs is 10.5.8 and that would
> > probably be the recommended one. But 10.4.11 is good too and runs
> slightly
> > faster. It must be my stupid day, but someone posted that 10.6 runs on
> > PPC, which I can't understand either.
>
> My MacMini server is really a 1.25 GHz G4 with a replacement optical drive
> carrier and adapter which houses a second hard drive which is for data,
> only.
>
> Mine is setup to run 10.4.11 non-server when in non-server mode and 10.5.8
> Server when in server mode.
>
> I keep the machine handy for the very reasons mentioned by the O.P ... the
> need to retain "paid up" Adobe, Fontographer and other software licenses,
> which would cost an arm and a leg to update to an Intel Mac, or ... horror
> of horrors ... Windoze.

---
"G-Group" group.
to g3-5-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.