Richard,

We do have a very high level doc on the wiki describing the galaxy architecture
in general, and api-specific documentation is under construction.

http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Internals/Implementation%20Info
http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/API

Specific to what you want to do with the API involving workflows, I would look
at the two places from my previous email to see the current implementations of
workflow running in both the standard interface and via the API.

Thanks, and let me know if I can help!

Dannon