Hi, Bryan.
Well, one thing I have noticed not only as an author, game dev, and
business person is companies do well when they have an icon or a popular
character.
Nintendo made it big with Mario. That is there main character, they have
an entire world based around him, and whenever games seam to slow they
can put out another Mario game adding to his saga.
What's more some games such as the Toomb Raider series have become
popular enough to be licensed for toys, books, and movies.
So developing a central character, good story line, and games based on
it would be a nice addition to our comunity.