Hello Tom. I think having different class ships will be a better way to
go. I was thinking, there is also the intrepid class ships like Voyager
and a few others. Small, but fast. What about run about class shuttles?
Basically, they are beefed up shuttles, no match for a Klingon, but many
run abouts can be used to gather data on enemy where abouts, and several
of these can take on one or two enemy ships.

Then there is the Promethius class ships. I think it was a class in any
case. They were designed as fighting ships during the Dominion war.
Can't remember if Promethius was the name of the ship or if it was the
class.

Cheers.

--
For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received,
how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;