Hi Dark,

Just about done with this, as i have work to do, but just a couple quick

> *snip*
> you are absolutely correct that the internet should! give an easy method for
> distribution, yet why is it still the case that many audio books (even when
> unabridged), are five or ten times more than print originals? even when
> bought digitally.
*snip*

They aren't. At least, not when distributed on the Internet. On the contrary,
most audio books bought via Audible.com, at least her win the states, are
pretty comparable to buying a print book, or only slightly more. I seldom pay
more than $12 or so for an audio book, and I am a voracious reader who reads
almost exclusively audio books purchased online. THere is usually a slight
markup, because more people are involved in the production of audio books.
While the author should be paid, so should the narrator who performs the book,
the record engineer who does the recording, etc. You are not looking at the big
picture.

*snip*
>  The same goes for music, ultimately prices are jacked up by people because
> they can, and it is those people, the publishers, distributors and other
> hangers on whome I, and indeed others do not respect, rather than the
> individual creators behind books, software, music etc.
> *snip*

I'd argue that the narrator's performance is at least as important as the
author's words in most audio books, particularly fiction. You seem to be
implying that they are not entitled to be recognized for their contribution to
the product.

*snip*
> Getting this back to games and software however, my point was simply that
> people's general attitudes to coorporations is a lot worse than that towards
> individuals. This is a general moral point, look at for example the amount of
> charities who get your money by appealing not to over all economic figures,
> but to individual stories of suffering in a given situation.
>
> People empathize with other people, it's a bsic psychological traite.
>
> therefore, if developers, rather than appearing ass! simply a faceless
> organization show themselves to actually be individuals, there is a
> proportion of people who will pay for products on that basis.
*snip*

I understand your point. My point is that I do not believe that the audio game
community views the audio game developers in the same way that they view
Microsoft. They know we are small companies and/or individuals. Your broader
point is fine, it is the application to the audio game industry that is flawed.

Regardless, I have an idea that may help address the underlying issues that are
at the heart of this problem for the audio game industry, and I have sent these
on to Tom to see what he thinks. We'll see. For now, I have to get on with
things. *smile*