ouch .... lol
well, you should be able to install a 64 bit OS on that machine then,
and then the 8 gb will be used. so much better, running 64 bit. 32 bit
is sooo old and slow.
let alone the speed at which you can zip files up, in 64 bit mode,
using all the ram you have. my god, does it go fast. lol

and yeah tom. or as was mentioned, use an account user name and
password to log in to the game. so that way, you wouldn't be limited
to a number of machines, just open the game up, and log in to activate
full mode. when a log in hasn't been provided, it would just run as a
demo. or something along those lines.
also, make it so that the account can only be logged in to by one
person at a time, to stop people giving out account details for people
to use. cause that way, if you are logged in, they can't be. lol.
regards:
Dallas