Hi Desiri.

this might be true as per your example of someone losing their site and needing to come to terms with pricing of audiogames, however in the card, board game case I don't think that is as much a reason for pirates, since what most people who are! inclined to buy games do if a game is too overpriced and there is a cheaper version elsewhere is simply get the cheaper one.

I can think of several occasions when, writing the db I've found a commercial game and thought the price too high for what the game was *cough azabat *cough, but I'm not convinced that that causes piracy so much as people just looking elsewhere.

However I do also agree on pricing. A great example here is pontes backgammon. As I've said before in terms of game design I'm deeply impresssed with the game, the online play, the many features, the board review options etc, however there is a limited amount I am prepared to pay for a board game, even one so well designed. at $9 however, Manu got the price just right, which is at least a discouragement for pirates.

Beware the Grue!