Hi Tom,

Thanks, good to know. So then, what would happen for a screen reader
user who was attempting to use a program under XP if a developer had
gone with UI Automation as their accessibility API? Do the screen
readers have some way of bridging the gap between UI Automation and
MSAA, or would that program just be seen as being inaccessible?
Doesn't affect me directly seeing as I'm already running 7, but
thought it was worth asking. I haven't yet heard of any programs that
are accessible in 7 and 8 but totally unusable in XP, so just trying
to get my head around the implications.

Cheers

Scott