Thank you I'll take that in to conciteration.

bfn
James

From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, June 01, 2013 7:02 PM
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] programming games

Hi James,

I don't know about Jim, but for what it is worth I think you would
probably be better off starting with BGT. While learning a full blown
programming language like C++, C#, or Visual Basic .NET has their
advantages BGT is really designed to get you up and developing quickly
without a lot of complicated overhead which makes it an ideal choice
for a beginner like yourself.

For example, in BGT the engine wraps DirectInput, DirectSound, and
SAPI in such a way you can begin using those components right away
without knowing how they work. If you decide to take on a language
like VB .NET you will have to download and install SlimDX, read
documentation on how to use DirectX with VB .NET, and will have to
learn how to handle Com components like SAPI separately. You can't
just pick them up and use them without learning a good deal of the
language first. Therefore from a point of view of ease of use and
simplicity BGT is really the ideal choice.

However, if you are thinking of developing games for Mac OS, Linux,
iOS, etc then you'll probably want to learn a full blown programming
language like C++ to begin with. Same goes for if you are thinking of
writing other software besides games. It all depends on what you
intend to do with your skills. :D

Cheers!