Hi John,

Well, to be honest that isn't something I advertised in the manual.
You were suppose to discover the ability to detect cloaked ships on
your own. However, that said it is not always a surefire option. The
enemy ships have to be in fairly short proximity to the ship doing the
scan, and even then picking them up is hit or miss. Locating cloaked
ships even on Star Trek, the TV show, is fairly rare, but has been
known to happen now and then.

As for the fix to be honest I'm not sure I have it. I'll have to look
through my own archives and find it. So I'll get back to you on that
if and when I locate it. I have abandoned STFC 1.x because the game is
in rewrite and the rewrite is better in many ways.

Cheers!