have developers switch to ubuntu and android open source operating systems and have them charge for the source code and charge for the app itself.

sent from my vinux4 linux laptop

On 09/11/2013 05:28 PM, Cara Quinn wrote:
Dark, this is not Microsoft's fault. You're railing here,against capitalism
itself. -Which is fine btw, but remember you're a part of this system as well.

As for new and wonderous games for new OS'es, this is a self-fulfilling
prophecy! How can there be new games for OS'es which no one is willing to use?
How will developers make any money writing games which they know they will
never sell because people like yourself refuse to update to a new OS?

Why would a small developer put themselves in that position deliberately? This
is simply unrealistic and unsympathetic to expect someone to do. How is someone
supposed to make a living? Are they just supposed to put themselves out just so
they can try to woo people to adopt a new OS and then sit back and hope against
hope that people will in fact like their game enough to update their OS for it?

What would you have developers do?

thanks,

Cara :)
---