Again willem however that is an arguement about upgrading eventually, not nnow.

i run avg 2012, and I can be certain even if I don't actually upgrade the software itself, virus deffinitions and other security fixes will be available for about the next four or five years (avg only just dropped support for 2009).

At that point, I'm hoping that someone will have a good reason to upgrade the os, something better that post xp windows does, which is my central point.

Remember, I am not arguing that I will not! upgrade, only that I want a good reason to, something thatI could do on a future version of windows that I can't do now, and scaring with the security bogie man isn't one.

Beware the grue!

dark.