To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 9:53 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] A Note to XP users

Hi Ken,

Well, to be fair I noticed a person's screen reader has a lot to do
with performance and memory plays a big part too. Jaws for example
really slows down a system and I didn't realize exactly how much until
I began using NVDA full time. As far as memory goes if you have
anything less than 2 GB of ram in that Windows 7 box it will run like
crap. Actually, it doesn't really run super good until you throw 3 or
4 GB at it, and I guess from a performance comparison that is pretty
bad. Although, to Microsoft's credit Windows 8 not only starts faster
than Windows 7 it runs smoother, faster, and is all around less of a
performance hog so things are getting better not worse as far as newer
Windows operating systems goes. Although, I somehow doubt the veracity
of a new Windows 7 laptop running like a Commodore 64. :D

Cheers!