It's a catch 22.  "If you build it, he will come."

A thought: How about producing games for iDevices that have touch screens?

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2013 1:59 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] A Note to XP users

Hi Dark,

Well, one thing about Windows 8 has me excited is the support for
touchscreens. I haven't looked into how to integrate that support into
a game, but I think it would be awesome if any game of mine had
touchscreen support and I could simply flick my fingers left or right
to move in that direction etc. The only problem is even if I added it
into a game the majority of blind gamers, I'd say about 99% right now,
don't have the hardware or software to make adding it into a game
worth my time. So until I see more Windows 8 users I'm probably not
going to put that list of potential features high on my list to
develop. At least not right away.

The reason I would not do so is for very practical reasons. If you are
running XP and I want to sell a game to you that means I have to make
the game XP compatible. I would be better off not adding some features
and extra code that I'd have to rewrite or completely remove to run on
XP.So everyone does without. So if you are waiting on me to create a
game with all the new technologies it will never happen until you
upgrade first. Once you do and then I'd consider upgrading my game
with new features. :D

Cheers!