Is this sort of like the problems of Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and so on? It sounds like it is.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Cara Quinn" <caraqu...@caraquinn.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2013 1:47 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Any Accessible Android Games

Thomas,

another thing to consider is the level of accessibility features that any given user will have, based on the OS they are running.

I.E. one user may be running android 4.4 and another user may be running something considerably earlier than that. Both may be usable but not equal in terms of ease of accessibility, so accessible games would need to take this situation into account, as not all android phones can easily run the same OS versions.

LookTel has been wanting to release our software on Android for a while now and this has been the issue that has consistently been a deciding factor to wait. The differences in implementations of accessibility in the OS versions.

The last thing you want to deal with is wider support issues rather than a simpler support model. While Apple has its own little quirks to deal with they're so minor in comparison that they're pretty much non-existent.

Just to give an example, while in the current version of Android you can do a two-finger tap and hold for speech to start, you were not always able to do this. So for people wanting to use our apps, this itself, was a non-starter because it meant that someone may need sighted help or need to go through a bit of work just to get the OS to talk. There's something to be said for the easy button! :) Know what I mean?! :)

I'm personally very interested in Android both for myself and for LookTel but for now, iOS is definitely where I'm at…

Anyway, hope this helps. and if anyone has any corrections or other insights, please do chime in?

Smiles,

Cara :)
---
iOS design and development - LookTel.com
---
View my Online Portfolio at:

http://www.onemodelplace.com/CaraQuinn

Follow me on Twitter!