Hi Tom.

Well I know people do comment about mailing lists being old fashioned, but actually there are still lots of them around and likely to be more considdering that people now get E-mail on their tablets, phones, even tvs, heck, there are still! some very well established newsgroups out there, it's all about choice hwich is why I'm in favour of keeping the mailing list open.

if google groups is no longer workable (I admit it's been a while since I looked into their interface), then another system might work, though obviously that's a matter for those who run the list to decide upon since it's yourself and the other mods who must deal with the interface and admin console.

Indeed, this is a major difference between mailing lists and forums, different forums can change access dramatically, and I've seen everything from very accessible systems like Punbb, (which audiogames.net uses), to all sorts of silly things such as proboards or even custom built systems.

Forums really can change in access and usability as much as web pages can, where as a mailing list just gives out E-mails to members and it's accessibility is thus entirely dependent upon a members' E-mail client, which again is a major advantage.

All the best,