Hi Charles:

I am not sure about the U.K. rule book, but what you stated below
matches with my son's Monopoly board game rule book. I scanned the
appropriate section and the American rules are two $500's, two $100's,
two $50's, six $20's, and five of everything else. Pretty easy to
remember, and the total comes up to exactly $1,500. So it looks right
to me.