Hi Davy and others,

I wanted to stop by and briefly explain my current intentions for BGT. When
I started developing it in late 2009, I had absolutely no idea how it would
do financially. Now, 4 years down the line I can say that while sales have
been reasonable considering the number of potential developers in the blind
community, BGT is not and has never been something that I am going to get
rich from. I never figured I would, either, but the truth is that it simply
would not make sense for me to spend the amount of time and effort that
would be involved porting it to a new platform. I am certainly not
discounting Mac OS X/IOS as viable distribution channels. They are growing
every day and I target them in all the mainstream projects that I am
involved in at present. These other projects were written with cross
platform support in mind from the get-go, while BGT was written exclusively
for Windows. This means that BGT would require a major overhaul to be
portable to other platforms, and I do not feel that an investment on such a
scale would be viable at this point considering my current schedule.

Had I decided to create an audio game engine at this time, it would
certainly have been written with cross platform compatibility in mind from
the start. This is not the case with BGT, however, and I cannot spend much
more time and money developing it considering the sales figures it has been
generating thus far. This certainly does not mean that BGT is going to be
abandoned. Far from it. I still enjoy making games as a hobby from time to
time, and for that, it works very well for my needs. But I will not be
working on it full time as I did a year ago. So for those of you who have
been hoping for a cross platform BGT release, I am sorry I can't bring more
positive news. However I felt it was better to clearly announce my
intentions as opposed to staying silent and leaving users to wonder and
speculate.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall