Hi Tom.

Well that is certainly true, when anything is renamed and redesigned people are going to have to spend more time relearning it, however I do think blindness plays a factor just from my experience of when i could do a task visually as opposed to when i just had to rely on a screen reader.

To take one example, one thing that got on my whick about the windows 7 start menue was the fact of it's tree view rather than it being a list. This meant I had to spend considderable time finding basic options such as shutdown etc (I suspect classic shell fixes this to an extent).

To take one example, when discussing smugglers the upgrade from smugglers 4 to smugglers 5, one question which came up frequently was where the boarding skill was, since it's tree position has changed in the interface of the two games since the trees and the way the skills are distributed among the professions have changed./

Now, S5 actually has a vastly superior and easier to navigate tree than s4, and there have been several handy access fixes such as it now showing what previous skills are required for later ones when you bring up an info window, thus making it no longer necessary to physically learn the tree view as you had to in s4.

For a sighted user however, the relocation of this skill wasn't an issue. They could just look at the tree and bang, there it was, indeed the very concept of tree diagrams, though not inherently a difficult matter is a very visual one to grasp in it's entirety without being able to overview the hole tree, (one reason for the fix of showing skill requirements which I suggested for the game).

With windows 8 and 8.1, well I'll have to see if I can find a system running it I could try at some point, and I do in fairness see advantages to things like weather and basic news alerts on the desktop, (I like having it on my Iphone).

Beware the Grue!