Hi Shaun,

When you say it costs more are you talking about hardware or software?

As has been mentioned many times before Apple software is seldom more
expensive than a comparable Windows package. The operating system
itself is actually less and of course you are getting a screen reader
etc as part of that upgrade where if you had to upgrade Jaws, Super
Nova, or Window-Eyes as part of your upgrade then you really save
money with Mac.

If you mean hardware as been explained before the cost is priced more
or less the same as a high-end Windows machine. Apple does not use
cheap inexpensive parts, and you get what  you pay for. Yes, you pay
more for the initial hardware, but actually save money in the long run
as it doesn't need to be serviced as much and you save on some
software too.

cheers!