Regardless of the skill of the person, that is the legal distinction. Professionals get paid, amateurs do not.

---
Be positive! When it comes to being defeated, if you think you're finished, you! really! are! finished! ----- Original Message ----- From: "dark" <d...@xgam.org>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2013 12:04 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] amateur versus pro - Re: professional wrestling -Re:The Psychology of FirstPerson Shooters

I don't know what the size of a 50 cent peace is exactly, but as my brother is n archer himself I do know some feats in the olympics by archers are quite astounding.

To be honest with sports, and to an extent with music simply saying a person is a professional when they get paid doesn't work for me, since to me if a person is a professional, even if they don't get paid it implies the time, and effort they put into a thing and the level at which they do it.

I have met fantastic musicians, who don't actually make money from music simply because it's damnably difficult to make a living that way, but perform on a regular basis, often doing performance where the proceeds go to for charity, indeed I've done such things myself.

That's why I question the term "ameter wrestling" when used of an olympic wrestler.

Indeed if you lined up the olympic wrestling gold medel winner beside a star from wwe roar or smackdown and asked me who I considdered the more serious and professional wrestler, I know who I'd say, (at least in most cases, given that some of the stars of show wrestling can do some pretty impressive things).

Beware the grue!

Dark.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Charles Rivard" <wee1s...@fidnet.com>