Hi.
Try running the game as administrator
Cheers, Sent with thunderbird 17.0.8 portable
On 2/20/2014 12:42 PM, Ian Reed wrote:
The game crashes for me as well, so maybe my description of the crash will help.

I am running Windows 7 64 bit.
I have all versions of the .NET Framework installed from 1.0 through 4.5.
I'm not sure if I have Managed DirectX, though my games use it, but I include the dlls in a a lib folder for that.
A search for "download managed DirectX" takes me to this page:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35
Where I download and run the installer, only to have it tell me that a newer version of DirectX was found and so installation doesn't need to continue.

Entombed also works for me, does it use Managed DirectX?

I installed railRacerDemo10.
I got it from the BlindAdrenaline.com website within the past month so I expect it is the latest.
This is the exact link I used:
http://blindadrenaline.com/downloadCounter/download.php?x=Rail+Racer+Demo

I see a link for the 1.53 update, but it gives me a 404 when I click it.
This is the exact link:
http://www.blindadrenaline.com/uploads/rrUpdates/rr153Update.zip
I didn't see the 1.6 update, where is that?

When I run the game I get a dialog that says this:
Game Engine.exe has stopped working, windows is checking for a solution to the problem.

After a few seconds that disappears and is replaced with a dialog that says this:
Do you want to send more information about the problem?
Additional details about what went wrong can help Microsoft create a solution.

By clicking the view details button I get:
  Stopped working

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Users\Ian Reed\AppData\Local\Temp\WER73D9.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
  C:\Users\Ian Reed\AppData\Local\Temp\WER897C.tmp.mdmp

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Then I choose not to send a report to Microsoft.

If you know how to get a better error out of this I'd love to hear those instructions.

Thanks,
Ian Reed
Try my free games at http://BlindAudioGames.com