Hi valiant8086,

Good suggestion, but I had already run it as administrator and forgotten to mention it.

I think my next step is to find a copy of the 1.5.3 patch.
Unfortunately the link to it on the main BlindAdrenaline.com page is broken.
Here is that link:
http://www.blindadrenaline.com/uploads/rrUpdates/rr153Update.zip

Ian Reed