Hi all,
 Sorry for my delayed response to this, a friend just told me about the
thread a bit ago.
  Rail Racer 1 is no longer supported, as it is ancient in computer code
terms.
  I have not taken down the demo of RR 1, thinking a few folks might want to
play around with it, but looks like I should do that to avoid confusion.
  RR 2 is in final beta form and dozens of folks have already purchased it.
It is far superior to rr 1 in almost every way, and I will be releasing a
demo for it as soon as I can get caught up in real life.
  It works fine with windows 7 and 8, the only problems I have seen are on
really old XP systems, and I'm pretty sure I have that problem fixed for the
next update of the beta.
  You can find more details if you want at the website:
http://www.blindAdrenaline.com/railRacer
  I don't check this list that often, but you can mail me off list if you
like at:
blindadrenal...@gmail.com
  Be sure and check out the web page first though as it will answer most
questions.
  There is also a thread on the audio games dot net forums that I update as
patches and updates come out.
  Take care,
Che