Hello Ian,

There are a lot of questions and comments in this message I'd like to
address so I have decided to answer as many as I can with a question
and answer type format below.

I am running Windows 7 64 bit.
I have all versions of the .NET Framework installed from 1.0 through 4.5.
End Quote

That is entirely not necessary. Windows 7 comes with a fully
operational version of the .NET Framework that is 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, and
4.0 compatible. In most cases installing .NET 1.1 will support 1.0 and
1.1 apps and of course you can install 4.5 if you really need that
support. However you don't need every single version of the framework
from 1.0 to 4.5 installed. Major overkill there.

I'm not sure if I have Managed DirectX, though my games use it, but I
include the dlls in a a lib folder for that.
End Quote

Generally when you run the DirectX web installer it will install
Managed DirectX along side the standard C/C++ Directx libraries
assuming you have a compatible .NET Framework installed which you do.
One way to know for sure is in Visual C# or Visual Basic .NET just
checking the available libraries will tell you if Managed DirectX is
installed and available.

Entombed also works for me, does it use Managed DirectX?
End Quote

No. Entombed is using a newer .NET multimedia library called XNA
Framework which was Microsoft's official replacement for Managed
DirectX back in 2007.

I installed railRacerDemo10.
I got it from the BlindAdrenaline.com website within the past month so
I expect it is the latest.
End Quote

It is not. That is Rail Racer 1.0, the original demo, which means it
is considerably out of date. The latest stable version is something
like version 1.5.3 and 1.0 is obviously many versions behind the
latest stable release. Che also has a version 2.0 in the works so that
demo is very very old.

I didn't see the 1.6 update, where is that?
End Quote

My bad. I meant 1.5.3 when I said 1.6 in a prior post.

If you know how to get a better error out of this I'd love to hear
those instructions.
End Quote

Well, probably the only way to get more detailed information  is by
opening the memory dump files in Notepad and reading the error
messages. That can be tedious, but that will often give more detailed
and specific information as to why the game crashed.