I don't recall this being a rumble pad, but Phillips does ring a bell. When I plug it in, and start a game of Aliens in the Outback, nothing happens. When selecting to configure the joystick, none is found. I'll try it on some other games to see how it goes. If a driver is needed, any suggestions? Thanks.

---
Be positive! When it comes to being defeated, if you think you're finished, you! really! are! finished! ----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2014 12:19 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] game controller question

Hi Charles,

Well, the description you gave of the game controller could fit any
number of gamepads as that is a fairly common description of a USB
gamepad. That said, if I reviewed it you may be talking about the
review I gave of the Philips 9009 rumblepad a few years ago.

In any case if you have XP drivers for the device it should be more
than sufficient for any audio games written in the last few years. As
I may have indicated in a prior post on list most audio games don't
really take full advantage of gamepads and other controllers anyway.
Most have very generic support allowing the device to use the POV hat
to move the character around, and the buttons will run, jump, fire,
etc. Most games like Troopanum II, for example, are so generic that
any game controller will do. So I wouldn't worry about having to buy
the latest and greatest to play games.

As it is I still use a lot of my older game controllers like the
Philips 9009 with audio games, because there hasn't been any need for
a newer controller. It works well with Troopanum, Topspeed, Jim
Kitchen's games, etc. In fact, the only reason I got the Logitech F710
was because it was wireless and I wanted something more portable
without a chord. Other than that my old Philips controller is just
fine as a controller.

cheers!

Rummaging through a box of stuff I had packed when moving into this house, I have come across a game controller. I think that Thomas Ward did a review
of it once, but I don't recall which model this is, or anything about it.
I'll describe it below in hopes that this indicates what I have.  The
question is this:  Is this an adequate controller for the currently
accessible games for blind gamers. I'm still using Windows XP. Here's the

The USB cable is retractable and the button to retract it is immediately to the right of the cable. Along this same surface are 2 buttons on the left
edge and two more on the right edge.  This surface faces away from the
gamer.

On the top surface on the left is a set of 4 sort of long buttons that look
like they might be arrows.  These are just forward and to the left of a
round knob that can be moved in any direction and also clicks when pressed
straight down.  There is another identical knob to the right of this one.
Between these knobs is a set of 4 buttons in a diamond pattern, the
rightmost one feels like an arrow that points to the right. To the right, and slightly ahead of, the right hand knob mentioned before is another set
of 4 buttons that are a bit bigger and are round, in a diamond shape.
Northwest and northeast of the center set of buttons, is another small
button.  Between these two buttons is an oval-shaped, convex glass or
plastic piece that does not press. I'm thinking it is some visual indicator of some sort. Finally, facing the gamer are two handles with which to hold
the controller.

Any feedback on this is appreciated.

---