Exactly.  I usually plan on losing at least one hard drive per year
with my setup, so I generally keep a couple spares on hand at all
times.  That said, drives are pretty much the only thing that blow up
on me - I've had probably 20 drives fail over the years, but only two
power supplies, and zero of anything else that I can remember.

The worst part about it?  The drives are where -all- of the important
stuff is.  If you lose all your drives, you lose your recordings, your
software, your music, your games, etc.  If you lose a processor or
power supply, you can just swap out for a new one, but if your last
good drive goes, you're screwed.  Always keep lots of backups of your
data.

Dennis Towne

Alter Aeon MUD
http://www.alteraeon.com