To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, September 21, 2014 4:44 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] games we'd like to play: musical chairs

Hi,

Yeah, I think an audio game based on Musical Chairs would be pretty
lame all things considered. I don't consider Musical Chairs all that
fun to begin with when actually playing it at a party etc, and it
would be even less fun as a computer game because there wouldn't be
much to do besides listen to the music and press a key to sit down as
quick as possible when the music stops. Its just one of those games
better played in person than it would be on a computer.

As it so happens I can think of a number of party games that could be
adapted into audio games that would be a lot more fun and have more
replay value than Musical Chairs. There is always the old classic Pin
the Tail on the Donkey which requires the player to be blind folded
and would be well suited for an audio game. A simple game like darts
could be fun because you would attempt to throw a dart into the center
of the target. There are other party games like horse shoes, ring
toss,  etc which could easily be made into audio games that would be
more fun and interesting.

Hmmm as I understand it, if you were the last one on a chair you were
out that is if you were last one to sit.
every round the chairs were reduced till only 1 was left, or in some
cases none, that last person won the entire game.
However I never enjoyed it really that much.
As a computer game, I am really not sure how you would make it really
that good.
It would be simple and rubbishy to see the best.
some sort off randomised timer maybe, for the music, and then you
would hit left arrow or right try to get a chair in say 10 seconds or
something,
every round a chair could go and you would have less time till
everything stopped.
However beyond that point I don't know what the replay value would be.
It'd be a good oncer but then I would probably delete it.